January booking patterns appear to have changed

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Perhaps to save TC, you should start a new thread ianh, to get some advice as to what to do next? Of course there is masses of info here already, but sometimes its just easier to ask your own personal question!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

ianh couldn't you do several contracts? Each one for the maximum allowable period.
Alvaro

Re: Where have all the bookings gone

Post by Alvaro »

crazyfox wrote:It is interesting to read the comments made with regard to the change of pattern this year.
We have been advertising for 9 years and have always had quite a few enquiries during December and January, but this year we have only received one enquiry in December and, to date, we have not received only enquiry during January :cry:
We advertise with HR, OD & Span Hol and have noticed our property being promoted by OD HR on a weather web site, so it should be being seen by people, so we are at a loss what to do. :?:
I´ve had one booking cancelled beacuse plane prices were too expensive. Another one is landing 500 kms away from my place, I assume because he could find a cheap flight to that airport. And then spaniards don´t book short breaks and in summer only july and august.

Another one enquired very enthusiastically wanting me to hold some dates while looking for flights and then never came back to me.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Being new this business.. what I would like to know is when... was it popular to book in January?

We have seven weeks booked so far, this time last year (last year being our first year) we had one week booked.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

booboo wrote:Being new this business.. what I would like to know is when... was it popular to book in January?

We have seven weeks booked so far, this time last year (last year being our first year) we had one week booked.
We've been renting since August 2010. Looking back over our booking pattern it would appear, generally, we get a majority taken from January-March for bookings the same year and August-October mostly for the following year or late I. The season. Interesting to note in Jan 11 I took 7 bookings, Jan 12: 5 bookings, Jan 13: 3 bookings. Last year enquiries were more spread out over the year with 1-4 bookings taken each month with the exception of none taken June and November
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Being new this business.. what I would like to know is when... was it popular to book in January?
We're in to our 9th year of renting and I would say January was always the busiest time for enquiries, then around Easter.
It was like switching on a lightbulb.

Then 3 years ago it was very busy for hits to the web page but enquiries not so...they dribbled in, no rush was really experienced.
Last year we booked 70% of our weeks before Xmas (I do a special promotion where they can book for only 10% deposit with the rest (40%) due in January), but as I say we ended up with 3 sticky weeks to sell (June...sold 6 weeks before, July...sold 2 weeks before....September...sold in August)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!