Domain name (not yet ours)

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
annedab

Domain name (not yet ours)

Post by annedab »

Hi, hope that this is a relatively easy question!. We have just signed the contracts on our new property in France and will be moving at the beginning of February - we will be taking over the domain name from the current owners. I would like to start working on creating our own pages (if we ever finish the packing that is) I have had a look at Weebly after reading the current threads - as the domain name isn't yet ours, I obviously can't use that at the moment - my question is, if I create a site with my own name on Weebly (or similar), can I then easily transfer the content to the existing domain name when it becomes ours? If not, all other suggestions gratefully received as I will have a few weeks downtime to get to grips with it.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Martha

Post by Martha »

I would have thought so, but I'd check with weebly's support first.

Looks like it's fine tho
http://kb.weebly.com/faq-site-address.html
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, you can, annedab - one click of the mouse on the weebly site plus whatever you need to do to point your own domain to weebly. It's really straightforward.

Good luck with your move - how exciting!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Yes, simples. You don't have to transfer the content, you just point the name to the content.

When you create your website, you click on the "Settings" tab, and from there you can click on "Change Site Address".

You will then be presented with 3 options:
Use a Subdomain of Weebly.com
A great way to get your website started

Register a New Domain
For a more professional online presence

Use a Domain You Already Own
We'll provide instructions to configure your domain in the next step.
I am still using option 1, a subdomain of weebly (www.normandygite.weebly.com), but I have also used option 3, so that www.LeGaillon.com also points to the website.

If you get stuck, you can ask on here, but there is a lot of help on the weebly website and also on the user forum: http://weeblyforums.com/

Good luck!
annedab

Post by annedab »

Many thanks - I love this forum! Once we are on-site I am sure I will have a million other questions. We leave London next week and will be staying in Normandy in the interim, so I should have a few weeks to play with making the site. FC - we are heading down your way.........
Regards

Anne

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ooooooh Anne, I'm all curious now! Are you ready to tell us where you're going?

(You obviously have impeccable taste :D :D ).
annedab

Post by annedab »

Other side of Toulouse from your lovely place. A few minutes from Castelsagrat......... having looked at over 20 places since the beginning of Sept, this was definitely "the one" Roll on February!
Regards

Anne