No patience!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

A few weeks ago we put out a bottle of wine and the guests emailed us to say it was too weak, like ribena they said. I was a bit shocked. it was 8 per cent. Not being much of a drinker myself, this seemed OK to me, but apparently not! Have put out higher ones since.
I wish I was on the golf course
pambon

Post by pambon »

golfing girl wrote:A few weeks ago we put out a bottle of wine and the guests emailed us to say it was too weak, like ribena they said. I was a bit shocked. it was 8 per cent. Not being much of a drinker myself, this seemed OK to me, but apparently not! Have put out higher ones since.
How very rude and ill mannered. Even if what is provided is not to your taste, at least keep quiet, appreciate the thought behind it and thank the owner accordingly.

Some people, these days, seem to be dragged up and not brought up :shock:
Montana

Post by Montana »

Agreed ^ - how ungracious! :evil:
Acid corrodes the vessel.........
Leslie May

Post by Leslie May »

-
Last edited by Leslie May on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We stayed in a villa in Mallorca last year - they had thoughtfully left bottled water, a bottle of wine and a packet of biscuits - but no loo roll :shock: And as we arrived after midnight we couldn't go out and buy any - thank goodness for travel tissues !
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

The trouble is we are not on site and so reliant on our caretaker, a bottle of wine can easily be put out from our cupboard by her. But some alternative ideas would be appreciated. I had thought of putting out biscuits in a special tin, from Farrahs.We already put out biscuits, but don't know if putting them in a tin with our name on is enough. Any non perishable ideas?
I wish I was on the golf course
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Perhaps the guest thought they were being helpful and that you would not want to give ribena type wine if you knew about it?