Sketch book

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

I like the kid's drawings in my guest book - drawings of the mountains and skis. They keep within the boxes and don't scribble, at least so far.
visitslovenija

Post by visitslovenija »

We have found that most guests do write in the guest book - which is great - but have been wondering if this then makes it harder to get them to write an on-line review, which is, after all, much more important. It's not hard to image they feel they've already done their bit.

So I like the sketch-book idea. Will try swapping it for the guest book and see what happens - and pinch Richard's idea of using good sketches on a postcard.

Ralph

www.visitslovenija.eu
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Yes, we have most guests writing in the guestbook but few doing an online review.

I'd always regarded it as something they never get around to doing (or don't feel inclined to doing) once they are back at work, etc. and catching up on all their jobs, rather than it being that they feel they've already done their bit by writing in the guestbook... but who knows?

If I do the sketch book, I won't replace the guest book with it through... I'd still like to keep that and suspect that other guests enjoying looking back through it, seeing restaurant/day out recommendations, etc.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
brenda

Post by brenda »

We don´t leave a sketch pad in the guest rooms but do have a page in our ´Guest Info´ files that says one is available on request.

By far mainly used by adults, this has bought us some lovley pictures - several of which are now framed and on our living room walls.
Medoc Bob

How about 2 Sketch Books

Post by Medoc Bob »

I noticed a couple of posts worrying about a child filling the sketch book with doodles.

Why not provide 2 sketchbooks, perhaps one slightly more expensive that a creative/artist would recognise as not one to give to a child to amuse. Then another for children ( perhaps a cheap sketchbook )

Who knows you might end up with a few magical sketches from Children that if posted on your website would really show you as a child friendly site.

Bob
Back in UK, our house in France is now back as a Holiday Home
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Bob, I think that is a wonderful idea. I have a son who was born with a crayon in his hand, he would probably have filled the expensive sketch book in a couple of hours.