Late Payment - has anyone else noticed this....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Annew

Late Payment - has anyone else noticed this....

Post by Annew »

Rant alert ....

I've just sent a reminder letter to yet another guest about payment of a deposit for a booking they made a couple of weeks ago.

I've notice that I've had to send more reminders than ever this year, particularly for final balances. On a few occasions, the money only arrived when I threatened to cancel the reservation (in accordance with our T&C).

So time consuming and so so so frustrating. It's so difficult to be pleasant time after time when you are only chasing what is due! Sometimes our dear punters forget that we are small businesses just trying to keep going!

Rant over (thats better :))
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Rant away Anne!

I have been fortunate not to have to chase so far this year but I have done in the past. I have had one cheque that bounced, but fortunately when re-presented it went through.

I guess your properties will have big final balances, so maybe a sign of the times? Easy to book a holiday and then find finances a bit tighter than you'd hoped when the time comes to settle? No excuse I know, but you can bet none of them will be looking at it from your perspective as a small business owner. :roll: