difficult situation, help needed

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.

Should I refund the clients?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

No refund
97%
Refund
3%

Total votes: 68

greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Marks wrote:Come on, who voted to refund? :lol:
Hmmmmm......... have we got a new member perchance?
Possibly Dutch, recently been on holiday in Sicily..........
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I just had a look at your website now it's working. No question that your property is as described and the photos reflect exactly what it is. Its not luxurious, you don't describe it as such, it looks rustic and the price you charge reflects that as well I'd say (although I'm not that familiar with charges in Sicily - but just as a generalisation).

It may well be that one booked it without the other seeing it and then you have potential marital disharmony. :lol: You have other properties on your site - did they think they'd booked a different one perhaps? That would be their mistake though.

Don't worry yourself any further. They have a complete cheek to expect any refund.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Gosh, your place looks wonderful. I'm planning a holiday in either Sicily or Tuscany next year (the other will be the year after) but the problem with renting a villa is that neither of us wants to drive, so we'll probably be better on an organised tour. Otherwise I'd have been really happy to book your place, or, for that matter, the other one in Sicily that's on here but I can't remember who.

Who on earth voted to refund? Maybe somebody clicked the wrong button by mistake.

TC
Annew

Post by Annew »

I think your place looks lovely.

The photos look fine and I would not be mislead into thinking it was some zillion star luxury gin palace! But can see that it is a rather lovely apartment and I would love to stay there.

You are not claiming that the apartment is something more than you say on your website or illustrate with your photos so absolutely no to a refund.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
falbayview

Post by falbayview »

no refund from me!
lforro

Thank you!

Post by lforro »

Thank you all! It means a lot to know how you people think about it.

In the mean time we explain the situation to our lawyer and he pretty much said what you wrote on this forum: there's no reason for a refund.

Warm greetings from Sicily!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

No refund from me either. Lovely place- it looks like it's just stepped out of an Inspector Montalbano episode- the description seems clear enough. Mmmmm....now when can I book my flight..? :lol:
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

lforro, your place in Sicily looks gorgeous.

There are absolutely no grounds for a refund in these circumstances, but perhaps you should have made that point clear when you received the initial request to find them alternative accommodation? That would have established the point right up front.

Luxury is such a relative term - in economic terms it simply means an economic good or service for which demand increases more than proportionally as income rises. In subjective terms it can have no meaning as it is totally dependent upon what your baseline is.

Our own cottage is not 'luxury', but even if I thought it was I would never advertise it as such because would always be someone for whom it fails to meet their expectations of luxury e.g. Bill Gates!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Any news about this Iforro?

I finally accessed the site and endorse everything that has been said about it here - and am still wondering who voted for the refund...
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I notice two people have now voted for a refund.

Come on, own up! Put your money where your mouth is.

Maybe it's the tenant and one of their friends.

TC