Safe and secure storage for leaving keys between guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I use these both in the UK and in Spain
http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/products/s ... ysafe.html They are very strong and even if someone gets it off the wall they would have great trouble getting into the safe to get the keys. We did spend some time making proper instructions on how to get in and tested these with people before issuing to our guests. These safes have worked well for us over the past few years without any problems at all.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have had one imported from Canada, that produces individual codes for everyone, with a time delay of hours, days, weeks, years etc. It allows you to have separate codes for everyone - let in the plumber remotely etc, all from any computer in the world. Amazing system but unfortunately I cannot actually fit it on the door, as apparently we have no access to the lock in the door or something. It was very expensive and I am probably going to have to sell it, so if you are interested let me know. When I get home later I'll look at it and tell you what make it is etc.
Windy

Post by Windy »

The scrotes who broke into our lodge 2 years ago didn't bother with the keysafe - they just broke the glass on the patio doors. Far easier.

The combo key safe is just going to stop someone for long enough that they have to have a serious intent to get in, and if they do there are quicker and easier means than working out the combination.

"they turned the dials then wondered why the door didn't automatically open! Oops!"

I had a similar report from our on site security guard who got called because the code wouldn't open the door. Not the key, the code.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

We had the masterlock for the inner door (we had intended for guests to leave the keys there and then close the main door behind them). Guests managed to insert the keys in such a way to get the lock stuck. We had to break it open.