Cleaning greasy Kitchen Floors

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Julies

Cleaning greasy Kitchen Floors

Post by Julies »

We have a limestone kitchen floor and no, it's not the most practical floor for a B&B frying bacon and eggs every day. But cleaning it has become a bit of a nightmare, has anybody any suggestions as to what to use. The only thing I have found that cleans the grease and attached dirt is a dilute solution of clothes washing liquid, but it needs to be rinsed off with plain water. I'd love to find something that did the job but didn't need rinsing off. I've tried the usual floor cleaning products and the kitchen degreaser/cleaner we use on the worktops but nothing else seems to shift the grease.
great bed and breakfast in the Brecon Beacons
www.westviewguesthouse.com
Corfudeb

Post by Corfudeb »

Hello Julies
We have a travertine stone floor and have had a nightmare trying to keep it free from stains. We have just cleaned it with a 'Litholin' deep clean product, bought on line, which has restored it beautifully. We have also sealed it with Litholin 'stainstop' in the hope of preventing further stains. We are now going to use their recommended everyday cleaner to keep it looking good.
Hold on to your dreams!
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

How about putting something like a Turtle mat down in front of where you are doing the frying. I have done this since we put an oak floor down in the kitchen and I am a bit of a messy cook - seems to be saving a lot of the grease spots and I have a few mats and just shove them in the washing machine.