Yes, there ARE some guests from heaven!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Wonkeye

Yes, there ARE some guests from heaven!

Post by Wonkeye »

Such people really do exist. We just had the following email from our current occupants:

Just a quick note to let you know that we arrived safely at the cottage on Sunday afternoon and we are cosily settled in. Everything is absolutely great - it's warm, comfortable and feels so well cared-for in every way. Your instructions and helpful guides are wonderful, the files are truly works of art and must have taken you ages to put together! Ali is using them to help plan days out whilst I'm examining - I'm trying not to be jealous! It's also beautifully peaceful here, no street traffic at all, just the birds singing in the trees outside. All in all it's perfect, I'm so glad we found it when we were looking.

Will be in touch again once we're back home, but I thought I'd just reassure you that everything is well here.

Very best wishes
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Wow, that's so lovely- give yourself a pat on the back!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

It's a lovely cottage; photos can create very positive expectations but in the back of many prospective guests' minds is often "what if it's not as good as it looks?"

So when a place actually exceeds expectations it's a real bonus. They sound like the perfect guests too Wonkeye!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

What a heart warming mail - Be proud of yourselves!

If you ask for a review, why not see if they can just copy and paste that message?
That would be more reassuring to me as a potential guest, than any excellent grading.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Thanks for all your kind comments!
Beachcondo wrote:If you ask for a review, why not see if they can just copy and paste that message?
That would be more reassuring to me as a potential guest, than any excellent grading.
I reckon we'll ask them if we can include it in our own Visitors' Book on our website. We don't do TA or anything like that.

Come to think of it, the reason they wanted to reassure us could have been after dire warnings from us about potentially noisy renovations due to take place at our immediate neighbour's, and they probably thought we were a bit freaked out about this. Which all goes to show it's far better to be up-front about things like that! Having said that though, in all their emails, they have been exceptionally kind and polite and we've been so lucky with them.