two enquiries same day for same period

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'm afraid you can't be nice, you'll end up loosing all of the bookings. No-one who I asked to wait while someone else dicked about ever did. I just treat every date as available until someone has paid me for it, simplifies the whole moral dilemma.

Why are you posting out a form? Email a pdf or word, then they can complete it and scan and email it back. Or send it back if they must. Put into your letter that until you have received the deposit payment and the booking form the reservation remains open to others - or something similar.

So far this year I have not had to do any contracts which was not the case last year with the French.

I use PIMS and have now set up a French booking form with help from e-Richard and Martin (dmj) and so far so good.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Unfortunately most French guests I have still want to pay by cheque and not by credit card. I email them the contract/booking form (same thing for me) but still have to wait for it to be posted back with the cheque. I don't use post for anything I do - far too expensive and time consuming!
Steve Sas

Post by Steve Sas »

To me this one is simple. $ talks. If a renter is serious they will pay asap to reserve it. I don't waste a second waiting around for a "check in the mail" that may never come. Use PayPal. First pay, first served, plain and simple.