French B&B lisence?

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Julie White

French B&B lisence?

Post by Julie White »

I read somewhere, I am sure it was here, that obtaining a license for serving breakfast and drinks for a B&B was no longer required from the Duanes (forgive my spelling, French customs). Is this true or am I going mad? I recall it being a very recent change if it helps.

Also, is it obligatory to inform the Marie, the Prefecture of anyone else? I have been hearing rumors which I don't believe to be true but just though it best to check.

Thanks.

Julie.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, it is true and no, you're not going mad! (Sorry - link to official bit not to hand but let me know if you need it and I'll dig it up).You now only need a licence if you're going to offer dinner as well (but then that's a whole can of worms for a new start up as in order to get one you have to do a 3 day licencing course .....).

You do however have to register your CDH at your mairie. Here's a link to the form you have to complete: http://www.tourisme.gouv.fr/formulaire/ ... 6_02-1.pdf. They'll give you an official receipt.
Julie White

Post by Julie White »

That's great, thanks very much. My sanity has a reprieve, I couldn't for the life of me remember where I saw it.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Don't worry, Julie. The reprieve is only temporary :lol:
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

French Cricket wrote:...(but then that's a whole can of worms for a new start up as in order to get one you have to do a 3 day licencing course .....)
This requirement does not (yet) seem to have been implemented countrywide. Quelle surprise! :wink: