Need a place between Sevilla & Arcos de la Fronter - EAS

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
debk

Need a place between Sevilla & Arcos de la Fronter - EAS

Post by debk »

Hello, fellow LMHatters -

One of our upcoming guests sent me the following request...

Can someone recommend a place starting Friday, APRIL 14, for four (two adults and two children)?
Do you have any suggestions of a place to stay somewhere close to Seville and easy enough to make a home base in the area so that we can do Ronda, Arcos de Frontera? We would like to take the train fro Lisbon to ? and then pick up a car to drive to the southern areas.
If you have a place, or a recommendation, please let me know.

(Yes, I know this is Easter weekend. :roll: )

Thanks for any/all help!
debk
Last edited by debk on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Deb

Can you re-confirm the dates....Feb 14..or Easter weekend?

(I can't help as I'm too far East).
debk

Post by debk »

Thank you, Crystal!

I edited the above to the correct APRIL 14. Not Feb.

Guess I have Valentine's Day on my mind...
debk
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hello Deb,

When I travelled from Sevilla to Lisbon some years ago, there was no direct train as far as I know. You had to travel via Madrid (high speed trains). You can travel by bus direct (overnight I think). I hired a car (one way) but I was stopping off at the Algarve in any case.

Seville is usually very busy over the Easter with lots of religious processions, music, etc. Wonderful to visit at that time of the year - I would imagine that you you could still book accommodation at this early stage in any of the towns that you have mentioned.

Living on the Costa Blanca, unfortunately it is a longish journey to get to Seville so I haven´t been visiting that area for quite a while.
Maria
debk

Post by debk »

Dear Maria -

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this family says every hotel they have contacted in Sevilla is full for Easter week.

Because of that, they are looking for recommendations for someplace to stay outside of Sevilla, preferably to the south.

Hopefully, someone here will know of a good town or a specific lodging?

Fingers crossed,
debk

ps-Yes, it is still true that there is no direct train from Lisbon to Sevilla.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I have a house (3 beds, 3 bathroom townhouse) which is about an hour from Seville and 25 mins from Arcos, and Jerez. It is south of both though, not in the middle of them. But it is probably nearer to Ronda ( one of our guests did it in 2.5 hrs from our house) and Gibraltar is about 1.75 hrs. It's near Cadiz (about 15 mins) which has good links by train (and bus I think) to Seville; It is available from 14th April. They can check my link on my sig if they might be interested or I can provide more details.

Our house is good for children, we are within an easy walk of beaches and eateries and although our pools aren't open in April there is a hotel opposite which we use when our pool isn't in use. We have also got tennis courts on site.

Pm me if you think they might be interested.

best wishes

Knightowl
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
debk

Post by debk »

Hey, Knightowl - I sent your info and link and the guest emailed right back... THRILLED with the lead.

She's going to check the area and see if it will work well as their base. If so, she'll contact you directly.

If nothing else, together we've made some guests pretty darn happy with the VRbyOwner world. Thanks!
debk
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Hi Deb

Well, looks promising all round, thanks. I'll let you know what happens, although no doubt your guest will too.

Thanks

Knightowl
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......