Potentials Canadian guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Essar

PayPal

Post by Essar »

Isy

I charge 25% deposit, balance with security deposit 6-weeks before arrival.
I find Americans/Canadians like to use PayPal as its easy to use, I like it because besides the UK only the American & Canadian PayPal accounts are verified.
Steve
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

I agree about Paypal. There are charges for the person receiving the payment though - that would need looking into because I believe it varies with the amount.

Regarding bankk draft/money order from Canada or the USA. I did receive this kind of payment once in the UK for something (can't remember what for) but in France - well, I would definitely want to be finding out at the bank before agreeing to accept.
miss mouse

Re: Potentials Canadian guests

Post by miss mouse »

Isy wrote: Plus according to him, bank transfers are not common over there.
This is true. It is possible to make bank transfers within the same bank group so my account in Canada Bank to your account in Canada Bank can be done but my account in Canada Bank to my other account in Another Canada Bank is impossible. The banks also charge for paying in, keeping the money and even more if you want to withdraw some of your own money.
pambon

Post by pambon »

In 2007 I received rental payment by a bankers draft drawn on an U.S bank. I was charged on it just as if the guest had made a wire transfer :x :x

The following year I changed the payment T & C's to include a clause whereby the guest assumes all charges and commission debited to my account. Never had a problem on the handful of occasions I've had to charge them on this.

However, guests from the U.S/Canada/Australia & N.Z are given the option of paying in cash on arrival if they really want and I have the 'right feeling' about them :wink: :wink:
pambon

Post by pambon »

Sorry Paolo, don't know why double icons have appeared when I only clicked once. (or perhaps I double clicked by mistake) :oops:
miss mouse

Re: Potentials Canadian guests

Post by miss mouse »

Isy wrote:according to him, bank transfers are not common over there.
I have to laugh. My Canadian cousin telephoned a day or two ago and among the topics discussed was Cousin's rant about The Banks. She wanted to transfer some of her funds from one Cdn bank a/c to another Cdn bank a/c, different banks but both a/cs in her name, the bank wanted her to pay approx $100 for an on-line transaction however they would write and post a cheque for about a $10 fee. How delightfully old-fashioned this is, how it reminds me of the old days and ceremoniously Cashing a Cheque.