Is this taking the p*ss?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Paul Carmel

Is this taking the p*ss?

Post by Paul Carmel »

Now then you lot Happy Christmas and all that,

We have booked an apartment for Christmas in Istanbul and received the following, do you think this is taking the pi*s or offering a good service?

'An orientation walk with us: this can enhance your stay significantly by giving you some insiders' knowledge early on.
You'll be shown around the vicinity of your apartment for up to 1.5 hours (as needed). This will include important transportation points (tram, metro and boat) and local neighbourhoods not to miss.
We can give you recommendations for restaurants and cafes nearby, any extra advice you may need and full answers to specific questions.
We recommend this to be done on arrival or the following day for maximum benefit.
...cost: 80 Euro (for up to 6 people)'
Cheers
PC
brenda

Post by brenda »

Sounds suspiciously like one of those tours that end up at a brothers/cousins/uncles carpet showroom - no hard sell of course!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I have been to Istanbul a couple of times and yes, I would suggest this is a good idea.

..... but €80 - that is taking the p*ss !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We arrive quite late so will be asking for a restaurant recommendation, I wonder if that information will cost us.
Cheers
PC
revdev

Post by revdev »

An interesting idea to generate some pocket money...but 200 Lira for 1.5 hours??? He's having a giraffe mate...the minimum wage is about 600 Lira per month :shock:

50 Lira tops!
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

revdev wrote:An interesting idea to generate some pocket money...but 200 Lira for 1.5 hours??? He's having a giraffe mate...the minimum wage is about 600 Lira per month :shock:

50 Lira tops!
My trusty Time out Guide was only 13 quid!
Cheers
PC