Do you know how to host a site in Germany?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Tizfata

Do you know how to host a site in Germany?

Post by Tizfata »

Good morning everyone!
After too many lost time, I finally decided to have a .co.uk site hosted in the UK and a .fr site hosted in France.
What are the rules to have a site in Germany? I am referring to the rule that you have to have a "domicile" in France for French sites, is there something like that in Germany?
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
CSE

Post by CSE »

Why hosting in Germany?
If you want to purchase a dot DE then ask the host of your present website. If you feel it will affect your ranking then I have read that it no longer affects it.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

It is a bit complicated in Germany - normally you have to have an address in Germany to register a .de domain. I think we pay about 5€ a month to have a site hosted with telekom.de (that is just the village Christmas Market site). Both of our Bavarian letting sites, English and German, have .com addresses even though the German site has a German language url. I have registered a .de address but not done anything about it as I am still not convinced it is necessary. We certainly do very well with the English .com address for UK and other countries so I would not bother to switch to .co.uk.
Essar

.de

Post by Essar »

My web hosting company is one.com and I got all my urls through them, their servers happen to be based in Denmark but it makes no difference whatsoever to my websites seo.
I have two .de websites hosted through them, it was as simple to get them as the .co.uk ones, costs the same too.
Steve
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"