Christmas hampers

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Musetta

Christmas hampers

Post by Musetta »

Well...it's that time of year and, once again, I am at a loss for a housekeeper gift! I've used amazon.it for the past few years and sent a few things I thought she would like personally, but now I am out of ideas for this year. I can't send something personal from here because of the customs issues in Italy (I'd hate for her to receive a package only to find out she has to pay 100s of euros just to pick it up at the post office - this has happened to friends of mine - one when she sent USED linens and towels to herself from the US!)

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a reliable company to order a nice Christmas hamper? There are quite a few on ebay.it , but I'm nervous! also, there is no FedEx,DHL,UPS, etc. delivery in my village, so it needs to be something shipped via the post office.
Thanks for any ideas!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've ordered some boots recently from Amazon USA, and they charged me a deposit for the expected customs fees, so there was nothing to pay on delivery.Perhaps that isn't possible for Italy though.

I think if there is no FEDEX etc locally, tha they transfer the parcel to the local postal service (
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I used www.scottishfoodoverseas.com a few years ago for the same reason and they shipped to Germany and were very quick.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Hi Musetta!
I dont' know if I can be of any help, but I am here if you need someone "on site" :D
Ciao!
Tiz
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression