Brilliant photo-stitching for Mac owners

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
KathyG

Brilliant photo-stitching for Mac owners

Post by KathyG »

Found this superb programme last night, called Double Take. When I had my little Canon point and shoot, it's photo-stitching software worked really well but now I've upgraded to a DSLR and Aperture 3 (Mac version of Photo Shop) which doesn't have this capability I was more than disappointed. But this great little programme is fabulous, you can download it to try it first too, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Oh and it's just under £20, a bargain!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've always loved panoramic pictures with a passion. Back in the day with film, I had 6 x 17cm and a 6 x 12cm panoramic cameras which produced so many exciting pictures. Photo stitching is a fascinating thing, but very like the older method of shooting an overlapping series of pictures and joining them later under the enlarger.

What a proper panoramic camera does, of course, is allow you to capture action in a single hit. Which - for me - is where the real excitement lies. Still missing my lovely Linhof 6 x 12!

Jim
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Thanks Kathy - I'll have a look at that!