emails re forwarding

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
roxytoo

emails re forwarding

Post by roxytoo »

I have a pipex email addy. Pipex was taken over by tiscali and then talk talk (I think!!) My internet is served by Pipex, my telephone rental line by Skye

In the old days (!) I thought that when you changed provider you lost your email address? Has that changed ?

Someone from talk talk keeps ringing getting me to change over to them with a better package (even though they own them??) and says I will still carry on receiving my pipex emails (as his friend does from virgin even though he's not with virgin anymore) he can't guarantee it but is 99% sure I will,
does anyone know if this is true? I thought it was a no no?
gam

Post by gam »

Yes, it's generally true that if you leave a provider you lose the email address. There are exceptions though e.g. if you leave BT you can pay Yahoo a monthly fee to keep the address; similarly, if you are moving to another part of the same group, they will usually let you keep your original address.

Will that be true of Pipex to Talk Talk? Well it should be but who knows with Talk Talk. They don't exactly have a good reputation.

With the advent of Hotmail and now Gmail, more and more people are eschewing their provider issued email addresses just so they can stay untied. Or have their own domain.
Escape to the Country - the story of a lifestyle change and other cheesy clichés
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

thanks