Advice on Christmas decs please

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
starcana

Advice on Christmas decs please

Post by starcana »

we have a booking from 23-26 December from people who have requested no Christmas decs but birthday as they don't celebrate Christmas any more but it's the woman's birthday on Christmas day. We usually just put a tree in and a natural wreath with things from the garden on the door and do mince pies and Christmas cake instead of cream tea for arrival, change bottle of wine to bottle of bubbly. No problem iwth all that.
However on December 28 we have a week booking for the new year week. Do I put up a tree in between the two bookings for the new year people or do you have any idea of different 'new year appropriate' dressing? Thanks
marsh frog

Post by marsh frog »

Hi Starcana

Difficult one. We have not yet got our cottage booked for Christmas but have bought the decorations ready to decorate it at the beginning of Dec [will very likely have the weekends in Dec let]

We always go away ourselves to a s/c cottage for new year & we have always been delighted to find a tree with all the trimmings in the cottage. Personally I would be disappointed if there was no Christmassy touches for a new year stay & if it is possible I would put a tree up when the Christmas guests leave if you have guests in for new year.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/marshviewcottage
If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air....
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

You can get those small pre decorated trees from garden centres etc, some have berries and acorns so don't look too trashy. That may be a good, easy touch.

Also, I always decorate the fireplace at home and in the cottage as they are a focal point anyway. I use either the bottom branches off our tree or artificial green stuff, place various angels and santas in that. Those fake tealights are quite safe in holders and look effective.