Short (2-3 day) Stays - Messier?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Nightowl

Short (2-3 day) Stays - Messier?

Post by Nightowl »

This year, in very quiet months, I've starting taking 2 or 3 night stays to fill gaps which might have remained unbooked.

I charge slightly higher daily rate but it's still worthwhile for guests and gives me income I might not have had...

..but, my colleague and myself have noticed that, particularly on 2 night stays, the house is FAR messier than if when people stay 5 nights or more. Rubbish bins not emptied and work tops not wiped and the place just left as it is and guests just go without any attempt to tidy up.

Does anyone else find this? I'm guessing that it's the 'hotel mentality' creeps in when a stay is short. And that the cleaning is included.

I'm not particularly bothered, cleaning IS included in our prices and the dusting, oven and corner cleaning is less on a short stay so it's swings and roundabouts if we have to empty bins etc.

But I'm just intrigued if anyone else finds that this tends to be true on shorter stays.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......