Trying to sell New Year

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks, ZAW... well done on still taking bookings when your neighbours close. I would keep hush-hush that you are being successful as you might find they remain open too! ;)

Talking of Photoshop, I stumbled upon this day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq4HMIv6so8

Wow! If only my PS skills were THAT good!!! :shock:
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Looks impressive - but some of the comments confirm that it's a reversed video - who do you believe .....

The concept is called speed painting according to my 13 year old daughter - who is at it all the time with her friends (only clearly not to this level of detail)
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I did wonder. But that serves me right for not looking at the comments... :oops:
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Christmas and New year is our super top peak season. New Year has been sold out for months in all 9 apartments and we just have one 1 bedroom apartment left for Christmas. I would say though that this period was a major victim of the recession: we used to book up for New Year by end January and Christmas by early March - still not back to anything like that good, unfortunately. So good luck.

(Our UK house also ALWAYS books for New Year but then we sleep 8 and it is a popular time for get-togethers).
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I could sell New Year many times over if it's just a few nights, but I'd sooner let it for the week.

I've currently got the week (30th Dec - 6th Jan) priced at £790, but the more I think about it, I think the majority of people aren't going to want to stay on quite that long, so I'm thinking of offering a shorter period from the 30th Dec for £690... and then just saying "or stay a few days longer for just an additional £100".

(This has come about through CarolineH's suggestion in this thread.)
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We do get that too - I just say that we have a minimum charge for any stay at New year and for that they can stay up to 7 nights.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I had been hanging on for a week, for both Christmas & New Year, but got fed up with waiting and turning so many people away for short breaks or not hearing back from those that had enquired for a week. So I have now released it for 4 nights at a reduction of about 20% off. I do at least now have one booking, but still 3 more to book.