Sending a cheque to Germany, written in French....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
KathyG

Sending a cheque to Germany, written in French....

Post by KathyG »

I have to return the security deposit to some Germans and was sitting outside the post office waiting for it to open when it suddenly occurred to me that this might not work. It's a cheque written in French on my French bank a/c which will be presented to a German bank. Will this work? That's apart from the fact that I don't think Germany uses cheques any more......
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
tavi

Post by tavi »

I use internet bank transfers between euro countries. Doesn't cost me a thing.

Have heard that cheque transfers cost around €13, even between euro countries!! :shock:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It is fine to write it in French. But you realise that if you send a cheque Kathy, your guests won't receive the full amount as the banks will charge (I know it is all the euro, but that makes no difference).
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Didn't realise that LV, how ridiculous! If good ole Credit Agricole would get their act together so I could do transfers online I'd be very happy, my French is not good enough to ring them up to ask them to do it so I've organised a bank draft through xe.trade.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."