Pool too cold

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Been to do a change over this afternoon and kids are in the communal pool. My own pool is 20C.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I always go in our communal pool when I go in October...November no heating, no cover,it can be a little cool but actually I enjoy it better like that :)
Marks

Post by Marks »

Haven't been in since 12 September. Once it drops below 25C that's me done until next June :lol:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote: It is easy, you can control the debit d'eau by turning the heat pump taps so the water flow in and out is either increased or decreased. You can also adjust the pool filtration unit to reduce the water flow through to the heat pump if necessary. It takes a little fiddling, but it isn't that difficult (I've always managed!)
Yes, yes, I know which taps to turn and what does what, but what I really want is a little guage on the heatpump that says - "I'm getting 3000 litres every hour, I'm working at my optimum level" :)

However, in reality, I've fiddled until the pump stops because there isn't enough water going through and then just turned it up a bit - I run out every hour or so with my fingers crossed to see if the temperature is creeping up.

Anyhow, it looks as if I should stop panicking because the water is now at 24.5 - that's gone up 3.5° in 30 hours.

I'm not going to try it out myself cause I've got a stinking cold, so I'll just throw my kids in tomorrow - to show a good example :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The ambient temperature has been a lot warmer in the last 30 hours too, which helps.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote:The ambient temperature has been a lot warmer in the last 30 hours too, which helps.
All goes to show that someone must be looking down on me :wink:
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

CarolineH wrote:... I'll just throw my kids in tomorrow - to show a good example :wink:
If you leave them in long enough they'll warm it up a bit more. :twisted:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We've had a series of really cold nights with heavy frosts, which has skittled the pool temperature down to 21C - but beautifully warm and sunny days to compensate. Saturday's new intake (Brits) were happily swimming yesterday. Guests aren't stupid. They feel the morning frost, fire up the log-burner, hear the pool heater beavering away, know that we're only a couple of weeks from the first day of winter - and put two and two without our help.

Jim
domino

Post by domino »

Be grateful you all have pools :(
Ours was emptied for repairs to our bonde de fond ( thats a whole other thread) a month ago during all that glorious weather and they still havnt finished!!!! Its a blooming nightmare :x
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

domino wrote:Be grateful you all have pools :(
Ours was emptied for repairs to our bonde de fond ( thats a whole other thread) a month ago during all that glorious weather and they still havnt finished!!!! Its a blooming nightmare :x
Sorry to hear your worries domino - I hope yours gets back "on-line" soon.

Well the children and parents are in the pool and the first reaction was "Oh! It's so lovely and warm!" All that worry for nothing :roll:
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Back to this one again.

I'm feeling a little stupid, but thought I'd share my revelation, just so that if anyone else has the same problem, it might help 8)

I put the pool onto heat two weeks ago and it has been quite slow to heat up (24°C at the moment, so it is definitely heating). The heat pump has been spending a lot of time switching into defrost mode (about once every 30 mins). I put this down to the fact that it hasn't been too warm here - but today it has been 22° and it's still doing it.

I was doing a bit of gardening and went to empty my wheelbarrow on the compost heap, which is next to the heat pump and I looked at the side of the pump which was half white, half black - turns out that the white was 5cm of ice and it was the same at the back. On further investigation the whole of the side and back, which is the evaporater part was very dirty and green and bunged up. Half an hour with a hosepipe and soft brush and all the ice and muck had disappeared and now all is working fine.

I'm sure that this was this problem in the autumn too, problem is that no handover was ever made of the installation and I didn't know that you have to clean the heatpump. :cry:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I haven't cleaned mine in 12 years and it has always worked OK - I guess it depends on the type of heatpump.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote:I haven't cleaned mine in 12 years and it has always worked OK - I guess it depends on the type of heatpump.
It was really clogged up - thick dirty green stuff that had to be scrubbed off - I googled it and it is why it keeps defrosting. I thought that all heatpumps worked in the same way - the evaporation part takes two whole sides of the machine and looks like a car radiator.

Maybe I just live in a really dirty part of Brittany :oops:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mine goes green, but has never frosted or iced up. The only time it switches off is when the ambient temperature drops below 3°C, which I think is normal.