proof of ownership?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
mitchellbryson

proof of ownership?

Post by mitchellbryson »

how do you respond to a guest asking for proof of ownership, I'm assuming they're worried about paying upfront for something they know nothing about.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well I understand, if your property is in the UK, that it's a bit risky sending a copy of a utility bill with your details on (which is what I'd do if anyone asked).

If it isn't risky (i.e. identity theft) then that seems to be the easiest thing to do.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Well, for the princely sum of four quid and armed with address and postcode they could go the online Land Registry and find out who owns the property.

In fact, faced with such an enquiry, I might just fork out myself and email them a copy. (I wouldn't actually - I'd simply refer them to YHM :D ) I agree with Mousie that sending a copy of a utility bill could be risky as it's a useful tool for identity theft, but I can also understand the guest wanting to be certain.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

One excellent solution from Martha, an LMH poster here
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I've used http://www.rentalseal.com/ and referred guests to there before. (I joined on a free trail.)
Bob Apt

Post by Bob Apt »

Many years ago my businesses were plagued by faxes (remember them?) from a crowd called 192.com
They were desperately trying to create a database of every contact imagineable.

Here we are ten years later......in it's simplest form, you can go to their website, enter postcode and will give name registered there (and family) from bt, electoral roll etc.
Enter name and will display postcodes to suit.

Please.....do not part with any utility bill, documents etc !!!
(after all....your guest would not supply to you in case they empty the house while there !!)
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Musetta wrote:I've used http://www.rentalseal.com/ and referred guests to there before. (I joined on a free trail.)

I just had a peek at rentalseal - makes YHM look like particularly good value as you get far more than verification that you are the owner and for a lot less money :lol:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I usually point the enquirer to the HL/OD/Portside website details where it says Ive advertised for 5years or whatever :)
CSE

Post by CSE »

We recently tried to book a small apartment via Airbnb. The owner wanted copies of our passports for security. Needless to say we did not book. Sometimes owners or guests ask for too much information.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.