Domain Name Check

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Tizfata

Domain Name Check

Post by Tizfata »

Sorry... I know a while ago here someone talked about a site to check the availability of a domain name that was not under "screen". What I mean (sorry again, I am tired!) is:
- You check on another site and someone might pick up your idea.
- You check on this site and it is not.
I hope I made myself clear...
Thank you for your help!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
CSE

Re: Domain Name Check

Post by CSE »

Tizfata wrote:......
I hope I made myself clear...
errm not one bit. Did you press the wrong titty and hit the "new topic" one and not the "reply" one?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well i understand what you mean but i'm not sure how you'd know if any search you made didn't ring a bell somewhere and risk someone preemptively buying it.
Essar

url

Post by Essar »

As long as you are the first to register a domain name and its accepted its irrelevant whether there is a "watcher" or not, in the interweb world its first come first served.
I have checked up on dozens of urls and registered a few too, I can't see anyone wanting to jump in on your name unless your a plc or the like, even then you can appeal and have the registration reversed if its malicious.

Steve
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Windy

Post by Windy »

I think the question was about when you run a check on a domain name rather than register one.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

yes, but why would you check on the availability of domain name unless you were thinking about registering it?
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well my normal process i check a few variants, have a think and then buy one of them.

I think Tizfata may be concerned about the possibility of somebody jumping in and holding the name to ransom.
Tizfata

Re: Domain Name Check

Post by Tizfata »

Tizfata wrote:I hope I made myself clear...
:oops:
Sorry! Yes, Windy, you understood well! :D
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Alex Chapman

Post by Alex Chapman »

If I know the exactly domain name I'd like, then I just go to godaddy.com and search there for availability.

If I'm trying to work out a domain name based on a certain keyword or words, then I go to nameboy.com

I've never had a domain name snatched from me searching on either site, but maybe I just haven't come up with a good enough domain name yet :)