Dual Language Website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
mpprh

Re: If you're creating a new site now don't do it in HTML

Post by mpprh »

LouiseT wrote:
gam wrote:
mpprh wrote:
Really? Is there a limit? HelenB's site has 9 pages or so which doesn't look very limited.

LouiseT, you must do what you think is best but I do feel you are getting very hung up on the two domain SEO thing. It's a nice to have but not an essential first thing. People will be able to find your B&B by name or small geographic area whatever domain you use with basic SEO. It's only if you want to appear high in the listings for a wide geographic area that top grade SEO is required and as I said before, that will cost you a lot of time and money and it can't be done overnight.

The dual language requirement is easily dealt with either by having two versions of each page or using Google translate which some members use very successfully.
Helen's site looks great - I just meant there wasnt options to add things like shopping cart etc although perhaps there is the option to add that no doubt if you contact them.

The two domain website is something I keep going back to as I think it looks an easier option.

Has anyone used GoDaddy before....?

This not my quote ?
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

paolo wrote:
mpprh wrote:More importantly, you can't optimise for search times "b&b" AND "Chambres d'Hotes" on the same website.
You can, on different pages. You optimise a page rather than the whole site. Choose one or two search terms per page.

On the subject of the physical location of the server that your site is hosted on, I am told that this is no longer an issue for Google (by a company that should know these things).
This is not my quote ?
The Languedoc Page
gam

Re: If you're creating a new site now don't do it in HTML

Post by gam »

mpprh wrote: This not my quote ?
The first one no, unfortunately LouiseT must have broken the quote (while quoting me in a post which was also quoting you) hence the bit of html showing and the mis-attribution.

The second one looks like you though? First page, post 15.
Escape to the Country - the story of a lifestyle change and other cheesy clichés
CSE

Post by CSE »

Louise I will send a PM later today.

Peter it looks as if all of these quotes are getting confusing.
Maybe this explanation clears it up.
This was from page 3 and posted by Louise
LouiseT wrote:
gam wrote:
mpprh wrote:
Really? Is there a limit? HelenB's site has 9 pages or so which doesn't look very limited.

LouiseT, you must do what you think is best but I do feel you are getting very hung up on the two domain SEO thing. It's a nice to have but not an essential first thing. People will be able to find your B&B by name or small geographic area whatever domain you use with basic SEO. It's only if you want to appear high in the listings for a wide geographic area that top grade SEO is required and as I said before, that will cost you a lot of time and money and it can't be done overnight.

The dual language requirement is easily dealt with either by having two versions of each page or using Google translate which some members use very successfully.
Helen's site looks great - I just meant there wasnt options to add things like shopping cart etc although perhaps there is the option to add that no doubt if you contact them.

The two domain website is something I keep going back to as I think it looks an easier option.

As gam said something seems to have gone wrong with the HTML
You did say:
mpprh wrote: More importantly, you can't optimise for search times "b&b" AND "Chambres d'Hotes" on the same website.
That is on page 1 you was answering la vache.

Maybe I have added to the confusion by quoting quotes...is there no end to this? :oops:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
LouiseT

Post by LouiseT »

Apologies, still trying to get used to the site :-) will check when I reply... I don't know how you get two quotes to appear separately ???
Thanks casasantoestevo :-)
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

casasantoestevo wrote:Louise I will send a PM later today.

Peter it looks as if all of these quotes are getting confusing.
Maybe this explanation clears it up.
This was from page 3 and posted by Louise
LouiseT wrote:
gam wrote: Helen's site looks great - I just meant there wasnt options to add things like shopping cart etc although perhaps there is the option to add that no doubt if you contact them.

As gam said something seems to have gone wrong with the HTML
You did say:
mpprh wrote: More importantly, you can't optimise for search times "b&b" AND "Chambres d'Hotes" on the same website.
That is on page 1 you was answering la vache.

Maybe I have added to the confusion by quoting quotes...is there no end to this? :oops:
And I am confusing things. I intended to say "More importantly, you can't optimise for search terms "b&b" AND "Chambres d'Hotes" on the same website. "

:wink:
The Languedoc Page
gam

Post by gam »

mpprh wrote: And I am confusing things. I intended to say "More importantly, you can't optimise for search terms "b&b" AND "Chambres d'Hotes" on the same website. " :wink:
Um, is that correcting your earlier typo (times/terms) or are you repeating your assertion? :?
Escape to the Country - the story of a lifestyle change and other cheesy clichés
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

correction
The Languedoc Page