people who turn up early

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Titti

Post by Titti »

I recently read somewhere that many potential guests have the conception that staying at B&Bs can be a hassle because of house rules.....
Then they can go to a hotel and pay twice as much. A B&B is cheaper because of the house rules. Besides, it's much more charming :D
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

indeed. 'house rules' as in 'being part of the family'. and that means for me: i respect my guests, as long as they respect me, sleeping under the same roof. have to slowly close my bedroom curtains now, guest is going to sleep... :lol:

he missed his 'tea from home'... i only supply 8 different flavours. immediately bought it! guest very happy, and rebooked for another 3 days a week... and now (being here for the 3rd week, working locally, away from home up north) even puts his dirty plates and tea cups in my dishwasher in the kitchen... :wink:
normandiehelen

Post by normandiehelen »

I agree with most of what has been already said

we take a deposit on all reservations whether it be for a night or a week

once the deposit is paid the booking confirmation email clearly states check in after 4 pm & final day check out before 10 30 am

we offer baggage drop off only from noon

we still have people who arrive early & we kindly but firmly look after their bags & ask them to return later!