Your web address in post strap line

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
angela59

Post by angela59 »

Hi Nemo,

I see that - it is a little unusual compared to other forums in that regard but then people have properties in different countries and different countries have different laws regarding tenants.
Angela59
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Angela

If it is a sensitive topic then put it into "members only" and then it isn't visible to search engines or non-members.

We all put ourselves or our businesses on the line here, but then that is because we are all doing our utmost to do the best we can for our clients, so in theory we have nothing (much) to hide. We try to learn from the experience of others.

Depending on where your rentals are, and if you are on-site owner or not, it can be difficult to remain anonymous. You can be your own best (or worst) publicity.

I have only been doing holiday rentals for a year, but did long term rentals for 15 years prior to that. Each of us has little areas of expertise and it allows others to benefit from our "other" lives. On this forum there are all kinds of experts. People who are prolific posters gradually give more information about themselves away, and those that follow the forum regularly get to know each other albeit mostly virtually.

There are downsides to being a forum member (and it can be a bit scary putting yourself out there), but I have found that the upsides far outweighs them. The support and encouragement I have received encouraged me to take the plunge in the beginning, and I am so grateful I found this forum before I started.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Very well put wallypott. My sentiments exactly! :)