Guest Blogging

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
wallypott

Guest Blogging

Post by wallypott »

How do you go about guest blogging? Do they post it themselves, in which case do you have to give them user name and password, or is there another way of doing this? I suspect KC is the expert, but does anyone else have any ideas?
gam

Post by gam »

In Wordpress (and other blog software I presume) you need to be registered as a poster before you can make a new post (not needed to be able to comment on an existing one).

Not tried this myself and a Wordpress.com hosted blog may be different, but with a self hosted one you can select "anyone can register" in the control panel i.e they can self register rather than you having to register them first. Then they can post.

Alternatively you could make a generic "Post anything you want here" post, make it sticky at the top of a new page or provide a link in a side bar and then they could just comment without registering.