B&Bs in France: if you think you're tough enough...

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Normandie

B&Bs in France: if you think you're tough enough...

Post by Normandie »

...here's an unmissible opportunity to prove it !

Channel 4 is bringing 'Four In a Bed' to France.

-----------------

Channel 4's popular 'Four In a Bed' is coming to France.

Calling all B&B and small hotel owners….

• Do you think you have a great place?

• Would you like to show the nation why they should book in?

• Do you think your business knowledge would make you a good judge of other peoples B&Bs and small hotels?

We would like to talk to passionate and out-going B&B and small hotel owners for the third series of Channel 4’s popular television programme Four In a Bed.

We are looking for owners who feel they have something special to offer their customers - and are willing to put their businesses to the test. We’re looking for a wide range of places, but they’ll all be run by proud owners

For more information about potentially appearing in the programme please contact:

Studio Lambert: fourinabed@studiolambert.com

Please state the name of the B&B / hotel that you run, your contact details and tell us why you are so proud of your business.

-------------------------

Copied from:
http://normandy.angloinfo.com/forum/ccd ... CCID=39644

I won't be applying! :lol:
pete

Post by pete »

Oh my gd

I always thought that the original idea of this program was based on 'come dine with me' but they had mis cast the commentator.

Does any one in the non rental/bb world ever watch it ? I guess they must as I seem to remember that windys brother (?) got lots of business after the show,

perhaps its worth a go ?
Windy

Post by Windy »

He had to wear asbestos gloves because his phone was so hot :lol:

It's amazing what sh1te some people will watch to fill in what might otherwise be an interesting day though isn't it. Only last week on holiday I found myself strangely attracted to the Jeremy Kyle show... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously - if you play it right it seems like the best free advert you will ever get. There is of course always the risk that they will edit you to look like a twat, in which case you may wish you'd never heard of the show.
pete

Post by pete »

They wont need to edit me then :wink:
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Windy wrote:There is of course always the risk that they will edit you to look like a twat...
Yeah. You see, friends would say I don't need help with that! But I don't see them editing me to make me look good. Hmmm... is there such a thing as "pity editing"?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

They are after Spanish ones as well. Think I will pass - can do without the stress!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
CSE

Post by CSE »

So is this going to be more English backstabbing or will they have subtitles for the French speaking back stabbing...sorry but as you can see I just do not get the concept of this programme...I cannot call it entertainment.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pete

Post by pete »

Are there any requests for participants from the french/spanish owned bbs ? I had asumed that it would be english run places and a lot of the blurb would come from 'why france' ? speak french ? etc

Somehow french hosts and subtitles brings up a different senario altogether.

Anyway my email is in, a request for further information, so we shall see what comes of it, and I have yet to tell mrsp.

pete
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

pete wrote: Anyway my email is in, a request for further information, so we shall see what comes of it, and I have yet to tell mrsp.

pete
:shock: :lol:

Hope she likes surprises!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I like the programme. It is reality rubbish to a large extent, but as I'm in the hospitality business I like to watch it to learn what and what not to do.
I'm just imagining a programme with Pete (and Mrs Pete), Normandie, La Chouette or Cassis and maybe pujols? Could be interesting.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Language content, it's sure to be 95% in English - it is for British telly. A mix of French and British (other nationalities available) proprietors would be interesting though because of the likely cultural differences.

I have to admit I've only seen half of one prog. I don't see much tv and what I do see is usually the 9pm slot UK (therefore 10pm France) and I usually manage about 10 minutes before I'm snoring loudly and contentedly on the sofa... before waking to go to bed around midnight. :roll:

That would make good tv. :-^)
pete

Post by pete »

its a bit like comedinewithme in so much as there is a dirty one, a drunk, the putyourfootinit and the perfect one, I guess it just depends on which one you get cast,

I have had an automated reply,

Thank you very much for your email and interest in Four In A Bed. We are receiving a high number of emails so please bear with us and one of the team will be in touch with you as soon as they can.

Best Wishes
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm just imagining a programme with Pete (and Mrs Pete), Normandie, La Chouette or Cassis and maybe pujols? Could be interesting.
Nightowl, Marks, Windy and LV would be my Dream Team. More than feisty enough to see off any TV company ...

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I agree Jim, you wouldn't want to mess with them (in the nicest possible way!) but I don't think they all run B&Bs though?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
CSE

Post by CSE »

Rumour has it A2 is going to be one of the owners in the shows.
:shock:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.