Payroll?

For topics that are specific to the USA, please go here.
Harborfields

Payroll?

Post by Harborfields »

Just curious if any others here have employees as part of your business, and if so how you manage your payroll accounting and tax/insurance obligations (e.g., do you do it yourself --using QuickBooks or other -- or do you outsource it to a payroll service)? Or do you treat all the people who might work for you as independent contractors?

Thanks!
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

For us everyone is an independent contractor. Our housekeeper is an individual with her own business, same with the electrician, etc.. We have an accountant do our taxes at the end of the year to make sure we are doing everything correctly... really other than the housekeeper we don't have anyone else on a very regular basis.

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)

Hi!

Post by Karma »

Everyone I employ is a contractor so not on "pay roll". I do my own accounts and use an accountant (Harding Tax) to submit it to the IRS.
Blythe

Re: Payroll?

Post by Blythe »

Harborfields wrote:Just curious if any others here have employees as part of your business, and if so how you manage your payroll accounting and tax/insurance obligations (e.g., do you do it yourself --using QuickBooks or other -- or do you outsource it to a payroll service)? Or do you treat all the people who might work for you as independent contractors?

Thanks!
I don't have employees but I know other property managers that do. I think there are businesses out there that can help handle your payroll etc these days. Sometimes it is best to outsource something like that. Have you heard anything about Paycor Orlando?