A new forum member!

For topics that are specific to Greece, please go here.
Corfudeb

A new forum member!

Post by Corfudeb »

Hello everyone!
I have just discovered this forum which I have already found to be very helpful for information. My husband and I bought land on the beautiful island of Corfu in 2008 and are now the proud owners of our dream villa! It was completed in June last year and we are enjoying a good season renting it out this year (in addition to having some wonderful holidays there ourselves)
I shall be a regular visitor to the forum!

Best wishes
Debbie

www.villapetalutha.com
Hold on to your dreams!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Looks absolutely amazing Debbie. Welcome to LMH and good luck with your new venture!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Martha

Post by Martha »

Wow! Lovely place!!! Hello, and welcome :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Debbie, terrific pictures on the opening page. Anybody pondering how best to promote their property through photographs should immediately bookmark this excellent website for inspiration.

Jim
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Hello, welcome and WOW ! from me too. 8)
Jimbo wrote:Anybody pondering how best to promote their property through photographs should immediately bookmark this excellent website for inspiration.
Sage advice... but the first challenge is making my property look like that! :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Normandie wrote:Sage advice... but the first challenge is making my property look like that! :lol:
:lol: That was my reaction too Normandie!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My reaction too.........I feel quite like an ugly duckling compared to that swan. Lovely, you must be very proud. :D
Corfudeb

Post by Corfudeb »

Thanks for your kind comments everyone. Yes, we are thrilled with it - it is very precious - almost too precious to rent out! It represents years of planning, designing, blood sweat and tears! However we have to pay the mortgage somehow!! I hope our guests will treat it lovingly - so far so good. javascript:emoticon(':(')

Debbie
Hold on to your dreams!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Corfudeb wrote:Thanks for your kind comments everyone. Yes, we are thrilled with it - it is very precious - almost too precious to rent out! It represents years of planning, designing, blood sweat and tears! However we have to pay the mortgage somehow!! I hope our guests will treat it lovingly - so far so good.

Debbie
Hi Debbie, welcome and I wish you many years of successful renting. Your Villa looks stunning and I'm sure you'll quickly build up a portfolio of very happy guests - and rave reviews.

However, please do keep that quote of yours above in mind throughout, and remember that you chose to rent out your idyllic holiday home.
You only have to read this forum thoroughly to know, for a fact, that at some time in the next 2 years or so, or maybe 3 years, or 5 years or even 2 months, you will get that party from hell. 99% of our guests always appreciate what we offer, but that 1% does exist :cry:

Mind you, if you ever work out how to predict which ones will be bad, you'll become a millionaire. There are 500,000 private holiday home owners who would each pay $100 for that secret formula !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
theoharis

Welcome to the club

Post by theoharis »

Hello there,
Welcome to the club, I wish you all the best on your new business (which looks lovely).
It is good to see more properties from Greece in LMH, I have been feeling quite lonely all this time!

Have you noticed any change in rental enquiries after mid June? (the time of the riots in Athens)

Theoharis
Corfudeb

Post by Corfudeb »

Hello Theoharis
We did notice a tailing off in enquiries around June - lots of reasons I think but certainly not helped by the riots. The exchange rate is not helping, nor the current economic situation. Corfu have just had a major problem with a taxi strike. This seemed madness to us when the local economy, including the taxi drivers, relies so heavily on tourism.
We have also noticed a decline in enquiries since our main rental sites have accepted multiple listings from management companies.
Regards
Deb
Hold on to your dreams!