Online Booking - Is it worth it?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
greenbarn

Re: Online booking - Is it worth it?

Post by greenbarn »

MyVRzone wrote:Welcome Jenny,

Can you let us know the pricing as it's not apparent from their website.
Welcome indeed!

I had a look at the website, and as Neil says there's no indication of pricing (although there did seem to be the possibility of a hard sell situation with a rep visiting, and that in itself is perhaps a clue to the cost.) The words make the system sound fairly comprehensive, but there's no interactive demo or even screenshots which is a bit of a turnoff. They didn't turn up when I was searching some time ago - any idea how long they've been going?
e-richard

Re: Online booking - Is it worth it?

Post by e-richard »

Greenbarn wrote:... any idea how long they've been going?
If you look very closely, you'll see an item called "Latest news" and that is dated 18.03.08
Might tell you something or other, perhaps ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have to say it does look good, but I'm going to stick with e-R for the moment, I'm sure everything there will happen in time. I'd absolutely hate to have to set my booking system up again. Its rather nice growing with PIMS.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Jenny D, when recommending a service for rental owners please include a link to your own website in the www or signature fields in your profile page.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Jenny D

Online Booking - Is it worth it?

Post by Jenny D »

Many thanks for your welcome greetings. It's good to be a part of the LMH community.

Paolo: I haven't listed my website as we sold our cottage at the end of last year and our next property won't be ready for a few more months and so the website is presently unavailable.

Pricing: When I joined FSS around 6 years ago there were two options available and I'm sure that is still the case. The more expensive includes a service where they list your property on various sites throughout the world, the cheaper one (the one I opted for) being solely for the use of their availability and booking system. Last year I paid just over £200 for 12 months.

There is regular contact regarding updates and the staff are well informed and extremely helpful on the rare occasions when a problem occurs. I very much doubt that there would be a visit by a rep - it's a very small company based in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds and I have certainly never had such a visit. When I made my initial enquiry I was given disks with interactive demos and a lot of general info including screenshots. Problems are speedily resolved via Gast pc visits.

e-richard: The system works so well that perhaps they don't feel the need to spend time on their website! I haven't had any contact with them since we put our cottage on the market last year but will mention this when I'm back in business in the next few months.

Incidentally, the system was devised by one of the owners of Bruern Holiday Cottages and clearly works well for them.