Bed guard

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Job done! Well done Richard. :)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

This rings bells, e-Richard. I was first asked for a bed guard just a few weeks ago, and was mystified. Google and Amazon to the rescue, though, but not before some half-hearted resistance on my part.

I caved in on receipt of the ninety-ninth email from Madame* instructing me to beg, steal or borrow one of these essential contraptions.

On departure Saturday, I was slightly miffed to see someone had opened one end of the box, poked around with the plastic wrapping and put it all back in the cupboard, unused.

*twitters incessantly about cup cakes, btw
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Well, at least my story had a happy ending, and thanks to all the contributions above. Guests arrived home tonight and sent email including the following:
Can I just say that your Villa was everything and more than we expected, it was a proper home from home.
Thank you so much for sorting out the bed guard for Thomas, he thoroughly enjoyed his stay in "Our Villa", and due to the many hours spent in the pool, he is actually swimming.
Thomas just turned 1, and they have tentatively booked for next year. I hope the bed guard lasts that long 8)
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

e-richard wrote: Thomas just turned 1, and they have tentatively booked for next year. I hope the bed guard lasts that long 8)
If Thomas just turned 1, I'd have thought he would still be in a cot rather than a bed. No wonder a bed guard was needed!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

la vache! wrote:
e-richard wrote: Thomas just turned 1, and they have tentatively booked for next year. I hope the bed guard lasts that long 8)
If Thomas just turned 1, I'd have thought he would still be in a cot rather than a bed. No wonder a bed guard was needed!
Was just thinking exactly that, LV. I can't imagine putting a 12month old in a normal bed even with a bed guard - especially with tiled floors! :oops: :oops:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Nemo

Re: Bed guard

Post by Nemo »

e-richard wrote:
Also Tom the youngest member of the party (3yrs), He sleeps in a bed at home, it is only 12" off the ground and any falls are onto a carpet, Would you have a bed guard available for use on his bed
This was the start of the thread, so somebody somewhere must have the age wrong!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

e-richard wrote:
Thomas just turned 1, and they have tentatively booked for next year. I hope the bed guard lasts that long 8)
err-- I think that might be you, Richard!!!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

e-richard

Post by e-richard »

a) I suspect Thomas was a bit older than that
b) I offered a cot, but apparently he sleeps in a bed at home :?

Who am I to judge ? It takes all sorts, and the important thing is that they were "happy".
** Richard
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

e-richard wrote:a) I suspect Thomas was a bit older than that
Thanks Nemo :D
** Richard
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

e-richard wrote:a)
Who am I to judge ? It takes all sorts, and the important thing is that they were "happy".
Absolutely and what is the odd crossed wire between friends!! :lol: :lol:

la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm pleased Thomas is a little older than that - the fact that it was also mentioned that he was swimming having just turned 1 was making me thing he was some kind of super child!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Thought I'd resurrect this topic to report back that:

a) The original guests in question have just now booked to come back again and Thomas still wants his bed guard :)

b) Despite 11 years of rentals without knowing what a bed guard was until I posted here, I bought one, added it to my booking form as an optional extra, and 4 out of 11 bookings so far this year have requested it !
** Richard
Martha

Post by Martha »

Thanks for the reminder! I think I'll get one. We have a lot of families visiting and we've got room to store it...
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Martha

Post by Martha »

This looks like a good idea. Any thoughts?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bed-Bumper-Chil ... 642&sr=8-3
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

As it happens Martha, we bought this one, which is completely different idea, but pretty easy to use.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001WAKAYI

I did find it a bit tricky to assemble the first time AND, despite being male, I did read the instructions. That was essential and is mentioned in the reviews.

Also, the single bed we have is too wide, so had to remove the hook at the end, but it still remains quite stable.
** Richard