Hello from a newbie!

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CostaBlanca

Hello from a newbie!

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself and I wasn´t sure which forum was best so here I am.

We bought a villa here on the Costa Blanca mid 90´s and we rented out through a number of big UK villa rental companies before deciding to move here permanently some years ago. We now rent out our villa during high season only by placing ads on Holiday lettings and other free sites. This was more than adequate up until now. Usually, we have most of the season reserved by now. I know that the number of properties available for rent in this area is enormous so I might have to consider other advertising options over the next couple of weeks.

I will probably have lots of questions and queries which I will post on other forums when I have ploughed through the tons of information and advice on this LayMyHat forum.

gracias,

Maria
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Hi Maria,

And a BIG welcome to the Lay My Hat forum where there many answers to many questions - and if there aren't then please ask.

Where in Costa Blanca are you and how many weeks have you booked for 2006?
Last edited by reddevil on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
enid

Post by enid »

Welcome from me too - I'm in France so can't help on your specific location but you've come to the right place to find it - good luck!
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Many thanks to you both for the warm welcome.

I am located in Northern Costa Blanca and so far I have only a couple of weeks booked but I am not too pesimistic about my own villa so far. However, my friend and neighbour who has recently relocated to south of France has asked me to rent out her villa and apartment as well because I had been doing so well with my own. :roll: :roll:

I am going to use some of the free websites until I get a handle on which of the paid sites are the best choice.

Cheers,
Maria
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Bienvenido! We're down on the Costa del Sol, near Fuengirola. We've been with www.choosespain.com for 3 years now and have been very pleased with the leads we've received from this site. They also cover the Costa Blanca area. Hope this helps.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Crystal,

I like the ChooseSpain site. Thanks, I used the Spain-Holiday site for 2 years. The first year was very good, not so successful for the 2nd year.

I will post a question on the Rental sites forum.

Maria
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi

I´m another newbie to this site - it has been recommended by a friend and I can see why.

We have a villa overlooking Lake Vinuela in Andalucia and let out our 2 downstairs bedrooms on a B+B basis. Do quite well for repeat bookings but always looking for good places to advertise etc.

Am sure that I will be plaguing you all with numerous queries so please be tolerant!

Brenda
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Brenda :lol: Are you having lovely warm weather at the moment? I saw that Seville has been the hottest place in Europe for a few days ( my daughter went to uni in Seville and we all have a soft spot for the area :wink: ). Happy posting :lol:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi Fraise

thanks for the greeting.

yes - weather glorious with 25 degrees + wall to wall sunshine at the moment.

Brenda
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh, lucky you :lol: Not quite wall to wall sunshine in UK- it was snowing in parts of Northern England and Scotland yesterday!

www.thepetitmanoir.com
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi Fraise,

Our highs for this month has been 28.5ºC and a low of 11.5ºC. This is unseasonably hot and the locals are all predicting some bad weather before Summer arrives. Unfortunately, with all this good weather, we have had no rain at all since mid February. Luckily we had heavy rain fall in January which added a little to the danagerously low resevoir levels in the SE part of Spain. No hosepipe bans here thank goodness!! It looks like that there will be more desalination plants built along the coast here in the Alicante region.

Brenda, I don´t suppose that you have water issues in your area. Wecome to the forum.

Maria
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi Maria

Yes - we are on hosepipe restrictions and our lake is 40% below seasonal average.

Like you we had some rainfall in January but negligible since. However, mid-April is generally a wet time here so maybe we will get some rainfall before the Summer proper starts.

Brenda