In 3 seconds...

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Hi All

i really do appreciate all your comments and advise on both my website and the Villa itself. Keep them coming! :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think it looks very professional, but I'd rather see more photos of the accommodation on the homepage rather than a video of the area. I also found the text difficult to read (too small and the colour not very distinguished agains the background) but maybe that's just because I should be wearing glasses.
Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Margaret wrote:Just to be different: I got hung up on the bit about it being for couples AND large groups. I hunted down the home page and couldn't find an explanation.'.
I agree
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

bananacake wrote:Did you guys see the video on the homepage?
Yes, but only watched it later as you asked what we saw in 3 seconds and I did spot a video but knew I wouldn't take much of it in in the allotted time, so I didn't click!

In an odd kind of way, I feel that visitors to a site initially just want to see a series of still images on the page. Later, having caught their attention with those and some compelling text, you might find them clicking on a link to a gallery and/or video.

I wonder if others agree?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Giddy Goat wrote:
bananacake wrote:Did you guys see the video on the homepage?
I feel that visitors to a site initially just want to see a series of still images on the page ...
Or a single compelling shot that has me scurrying towards the photo gallery. When I'm flicking through holiday websites, I want first to see the pictures and then to read some pithily-worded text about the location. If I'm happy with those, I'm prepared to relax and see what else is on offer. I'm not a lover of videos (but I know that others set much store by them) because they straightjacket me into going at their pace rather than mine. Still photos - especially if they expand - tell me more.

Jim
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I did watch the video, but I am not a huge fan of them in general. I guess I must be the wrong generation. I just found that it was rather long and had lots of the same things viewed from other angles, so I started multi-tasking while it was playing.

I wonder if the listing sites etc love video because google loves video, but the majority of people buying holidays are not teenagers or even in their 20s. Honestly the video for me would not be what sells a holiday. Skydiving maybe, bungy jumping maybe, but not a holiday home.
pujols

yes I forgot

Post by pujols »

Yes I was forgetting the fact that I have only been operating for 3 years and do not know about marketing like most of you.
However I have to add that there are a number of people who are attracted to the appearance of the property, the photos and the area.
Some properties will appear special others will get lost in the crowd.
So a good website needs to be full of info.
Heated pool?
Wifi?
Close to shopping area....What to expect for breakfast.
Annual closures.
details of baby facilities.
Child minding service
I am learning.
CSE

Post by CSE »

It took about 2 secs for it to load...So I assume you mean after it had loaded.
The view was the first thing I saw. I can see the sea but all of those roofs and tower blocks.
The next thing i clicked on is this page:
http://www.abruzzo-villas.com/check-pri ... your-stay/
I can see the video, but I use a script blocker to stop averts on other websites so It would take a click for it to load for me.

This may need clarification
has been designed to accommodate either a couple or a large group
How large is large?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.