In 3 seconds...

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
bananacake

In 3 seconds...

Post by bananacake »

The first 3 seconds are the most important when landing on a website.... It's the time it takes to decided weather someone is going to stay on your website or bounce.

I would be really be grateful if you could kindly visit my home page and let me know the following:

What were the first things you read in the first 3 seconds
What did you click on next
Any further comments welcome

To begin - visit the site here: http://www.abruzzo-villas.com/

Thank you so much!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

That it is a spacious 4 bed villa.

I then clicked on photos and then prices. Didn't look at anything else as I'm a bit rushed.

Would have liked my click on the photos to have taken me to a few of interior shots insted of having to click again to get to them.

The little I saw looked lovely.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Exactly the same as Bellywobble and agreed with her comment re getting to see the interior photos; but that's minor really.

Wonderful property!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Did you guys see the video on the homepage?

really appreciate your feedback!
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

House looks lovely!
However:
I know it is all personal preference but I would much prefer to see the photo of the exterior of the villa than the bathroom on the front page (9th pic on interiors). It is very impressive and would push my buttons.

Some of the pages were really slow to load for me. If I was just looking at this house I would wait but if I loaded lots in different tabs (as I often do on a search) I would possibly close it down without waiting. Video took too long to load for me so I didn't watch it (lost power in the middle of loading due to earthquake aftershock so didn't reload when rebooted).

I am not very familiar with the geography of Italy. Most of your guests would probably have more so perhaps not a big issue but I found it difficult to get a sense of where the village was and would really like a map to help me pinpoint it.

It is a lovely villa and very tastefully decorated and the website gets that across very well. Would make me want to visit!
pujols

my thoughts

Post by pujols »

To be honest I felt that the website could be more dynamic
to match the property.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Just to be different: I got hung up on the bit about it being for couples AND large groups. I hunted down the home page and couldn't find an explanation. I saw the video but the picture at the top of the home page told me this was 'my' sort of Italy so I didn't need to look at it. I then clicked through to the prices and couldn't find an explanation of the 'couples' bit - the one price I saw was obviously for the whole house. So I gave up. (There are only 2 of us and we are often looking for accommodation so that is how I looked at it). I did like the detail on your home page and I could see that most of the basic information was in one place. I did think that there was sometimes a bit too much information a nit-picky e.g. would be free calls in the Pescara area (I assume that is the local area) - I would just say 'free local calls'.
Last edited by Margaret on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

What were the first things you read in the first 3 seconds

The name of your property - several places - jumped out at me.

What did you click on next

Photo gallery - always my first port of call. Went immediately to the clever shot of the footprints in the sand. Also noted the panoramic heading banners.

Any further comments welcome

There was enough substance in that initial skirmish to make me want to delve further.

Jim
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

HOME ABRUZZO PHOTOS
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
pujols

QUESTIONS

Post by pujols »

If you like the look of a place and you want to
know more ....YOU can always ask a few questions.

not everyone thinks of all the "right" EDITORIAL/info
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

That may be the case Pujols but I would often start with 15_20 places and shortlist to 3 or 4 to look into in more detail and perhaps ask some questions of those owners. The basis on which I shortlist may be completely different to someone else which is why I think it is important to supply as much information as possible and not assume people wiil ask the questions.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Same as Jimbo - name of property and location but then I went straight to the photos (always do it for me).

I was mildly bemused about the photo of the bathroom. Why? The header photo captured me straight away. But the 2 photo's on the 1st page put me off. I wanted the 'romance' to continue.
Also they were far too small...and I would say the text is far too long.
I think these days photos do the selling first; text is the back up.

On the photo gallery I instantly noticed the photos of the villa in the distance and the night time shot. I would have used both of these on the home page and made them as large as possible.

Other than that I would say my first impressions on the villa were that it was 'souless'. In so much that it came across as a holiday let and the interior design didn't match the granduar of the exterior or location. So I was let down.
If you put in the comfort bits; cushions, pictures on the wall, carefully chosen accessories etc etc. Then I could have been sold and started to read the text (which I didn't)

Hope that helps

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Re: QUESTIONS

Post by Giddy Goat »

pujols wrote:If you like the look of a place and you want to
know more ....YOU can always ask a few questions.

not everyone thinks of all the "right" EDITORIAL/info
Bartlett is right Pujols. This is a forum to help people to market their properties effectively and bring in bookings. The industry is highly competitive and if you want the market edge, you need to be ahead of the game and strive just that bit harder. Potential guests are notoriously lazy and even though they may like the look of a place, if the information isn't on tap many of them will move on to the next attractive one on the list.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

absolutely GG!

Completely agree.
Plus where else could you get 'expert' opinions, whether you choose to act on them or not.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
MichelleUK

Post by MichelleUK »

Your outside areas are gorgeous, especially the covered veranda.

The veranda would look stunning with some of those wicker sofas/chairs with plush cushions and a coffee table (the white plastic garden table and chairs really does your villa no favours at all)

If I was looking for a place in Italy, I would love to rent your villa but for the level of pricing I would want a lot more comfort - plush sofas, lots of comfortable outside furniture for relaxing/dining and loads of soft furnishings.