new web site

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
yewgrange

new web site

Post by yewgrange »

It's nearly finished!

A couple more bits and pieces of editorial, then that will be it for now.

http://www.limousinholidaycottage.com
Matthew et Kay NOBLE
Aurifat maison d’hôtes
http://www.aurifat.com
revdev

Post by revdev »

Nice website, congrats!

I couldn't find any information on Prices.

There is a typo in the 12th paragraph on your Terms & Conditions page (ring = bring)
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Beachbumbler

Post by Beachbumbler »

Lovely photos - I know how hard it can be to get the right angle.

On the Welcome page should there be capital letters in the name Grange l'archer on the first line of the text? Or am I just showing my ignorance of the French language? :)
Annew

Post by Annew »

Lovely website and great photos - ditto the typo, and you might like to consider adding prices.

Also, perhaps you shouldn't state that the property was converted by previous owners? It's your business now, maybe you could just say in was converted in 2005? Just a thought..

I'd love to come and stay some time - your property looks lovely. Mr Annew and I love the area you are in, so we may be enquiring sometime soon!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

very clean layout and images on homepage sum up your rentals And great pictures in your photo gallery too
lorca

Post by lorca »

nice looking website and a beautiful place - but no prices is going to cut out a hell of a lot of potential guests.
If not now, when?
yewgrange

Post by yewgrange »

Thank you very much for the kind words. I will add prices in due course, plus some pieces about the area, for which I am slowly taking the pictures.

I will change bits and pieces. Thanks for the comments on my photos, I do dabble a little in Pro Photography, though my regular job comes first, so not that much dabbling!

Interestingly when we were putting down the amount of money earnt for our mortgage application, I had to put down my photography income which was reasonable for the year (last year) so we managed to secure the mortgage. So my side line/hobby was quite useful after all!

Matthew
Matthew et Kay NOBLE
Aurifat maison d’hôtes
http://www.aurifat.com
pujols

i agree

Post by pujols »

Yes I agree...
Good sized photos.
And a good website.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I do dabble a little in Pro Photography ...
Too modest, I think, on the evidence of your excellent picture gallery. Very attractive and appealing website.

Jim
A little bit of England

Review of Grange L'Archer

Post by A little bit of England »

Matthew

My apologies for muscling in on your thread - I was having a Senior moment I think. :?

I have looked at your site and I like it. It has nice clean lines, an easy to read text size with obvious attention to the use of correct grammar and punctuation, although I did spot one capitalisation and one punctuation error, of which I will inform you privately if you wish. The pictures are crisp, clear and of good quality.

The site has been constructed with intelligent use of third party scripts to manage effects and the offsite calendar resource works well.

The photo gallery was a little slow to load on my 3MB connection but not alarmingly so.

All in all, very nice work.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Samuel Langhorne Clemens