Barcelona.....

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Paul Carmel

Barcelona.....

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi you lot in Spain.

We are off to Barcelona for a short holiday in early Feb, Do you have any restaurant recommendations?? I have all the usual guide book's. But personal experience is always a winner. Style of food, and cost ( within reason ) is not really a concern.........as long as it's good.
Cheers
PC
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Paul, I don't want to look like your personal problem solver, but I am going to be in Barcelona (on business...football as always!) between 31st Jan and 1st Feb, my second time there and during the same month too.
I found the selection of restaurants in the "Port Olimpic" area to be very good, especially if you like fresh seafood. Both of us being Meditteranean islanders, I asume that you do, albeit not being in short supply in Corsica.
If you are there on the night of the 31st or 1st, PM me and we can get drunk together!!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
paolo

Post by paolo »

El Bulli is supposed to be the best restaurant in the world, if money is no object...
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thank you Paolo. And John, I look forward to a beer or 2
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Sorry Paul..haven't been to Barcelona. My Son & Girlfriend have and they did say that it was expensive to eat out..so did friends who went there this year.. be careful...they got caught out by a big bill by ordering food and getting stung by the price of drinks (which were not priced!).
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

We spent a few days in Barcelona about 4 years ago and had a very good meal at a little restaurant called 'Estevet', Carrer de Valldonzella 46. It is in the old town, near Plaza de la Universitat and within walking distance of Las Ramblas, and I don't recall it being expensive. We also ate at 'Can Culleretes', which is the city's oldest restaurant, near the Cathedral. It's an experience, but the food was better at 'Estevet'.
Chalky