Internet costs in Cyprus.

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
youngydriver

Internet costs in Cyprus.

Post by youngydriver »

Hi all,

For all those who rent in Cyprus, does anybody have internet/broadband in their homes?
We priced it up for our rental apartment and it it is very expensive; about €60 per month!
Is this right or are we being stung?

Over to you!
The only thing that goes with the flow is a dead fish...
blue sky girl

Cyta in Cyprus

Post by blue sky girl »

Well I am going to Cyprus on Sunday solely to get the phone line ordered and internet arranged. The price from memory is 45 Euros per month for phone line and broadband.
I have a house and am starting to get requests for it, plus it is my new "added attraction" for next year.
The good thing is that I can have it turned off for half the year for a disconnection fee of around 20 Euro.
The bad thing is having to go out in person to arrange it. I have tried phoning, filling in the on-line form etc, but have to go out with passport and proof of house ownership.
I would be happier if it wasn't currently raining in Cyprus!
youngydriver

Post by youngydriver »

As you go out, we come home!
You'll be pleased to know that the weather has picked a bit, so you might be ok.

We've had prices of about that and a bit more for Broadband.
We had no idea it was quite so pricey.
We get a big TV package, 20meg broadband and phone rental for about £40 per month.

We are starting to get guests asking for Wifi so i may end up having to bite the bullet and install it.

Handy to know about the disconnection though!

Enjoy the weather you lucky devil!
The only thing that goes with the flow is a dead fish...
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

Sorry - a bit of a late reply!

At our house near Paphos, we use the Holitec system which doesn't use a phone line and can be switched off when nobody is there!

http://holitec.eu/

I think there are a few others as well who do a similar job.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Thats interesting, we are in Spain next week and I am having the same kind of set up put in hopefully but the installation costs are 99euros! I did have quotes of 415euros for the same thing...............