Google places

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
La Chouette

Google places

Post by La Chouette »

I'd be interested to hear how anyone with a website in 2 languages manages a listing on Google places. I think I've made rather a mess of my listing and need to sort it out!

We're based in France so my ideal scenario would be to have the map and listing in English on our English site, but in French on the French version. I'm wondering if I need to create 2 seperate accounts with Google, with a different email address to easily keep the two languages apart.

Thanks in anticipation

Jan
pete

Post by pete »

I dont know if you could register the 2 sites at the same address even with a different email login,

I use our french version as the main site, most click throughs from maps are from google .fr but that may be as the english tend to search for 'Sancerre' and the french 'berry region'
CSE

Post by CSE »

Our website is in 5 languages.
We only have one “Google place” listing and that is confirmed/ validated. You can only add 200 or so characters to your description.
it maybe different is you had different several websites.
If you are having problems contact Google.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Thanks Ian and Pete.

I've had another look at my account and am slowly sorting it out.

Jan
CSE

Post by CSE »

Jan just had a look at google and your location is verified...hopefully that is you.

Should have looked before I wrote the reply above, sorry.
:oops:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Just having a look at Google places.

I want to list my holiday rental in France but we only have a UK phone number (as we live in the UK). Google Places doesn't like this and insists on having a French formatted phone number.

Am I being silly or is there a way around this?
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
jaapspreeuwenberg

Post by jaapspreeuwenberg »

ah20206 wrote:Just having a look at Google places.

I want to list my holiday rental in France but we only have a UK phone number (as we live in the UK). Google Places doesn't like this and insists on having a French formatted phone number.

Am I being silly or is there a way around this?
You could try getting a French number online and redirecting that to either your UK phone number or a VOIP service or something like xoip.com, they will send the message on the voicemail in an audiofile or transcripted file to your email.

Kind regards,

Jaap