name for our apartments??

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
JulieR

name for our apartments??

Post by JulieR »

Hi,
We have named our property Le Petit Lac which is made up of 2 apartments. Presently they are known as apartment 1 and apartment 2. I was thinking that re-naming them would make them sound more attractive.
We don't seem to have had any problems letting them out but I feel they don't have the right sound!!!
any ideas??? Thanks
Julie :roll:
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

My property is not far from a wetland, so I renamed the apartments after birds. And also "Stork" did the same. Also bear in mind that even very simple French names sound very exotic to foreign ears...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We named ours, I think if you can find a nice sounding name, it does help.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

thanks, maybe if I find the right names. I shall look for birds and animals you are likely to see around here and see if any of them sound right!!
We have red squirrels, ducks, kingfishers, buzzards and lots of garden birds blue tits etc but some of the french words for these will be difficult for our english guests.
the search is on :)
Julie
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We gave our apartments a variety of names, mostly with local connotations. The most frequently viewed on the website is called Maria (after the wife of the man who built the place and lived in it until we bought it), I wonder why.......?
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

ha ha hadn't thought of peoples names!! Still nothing jumping out on me, though I now have a list of the birds and animals local to us!! Maybe I will try flowers next!
Julie
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It definitely helps to name your properties - it did me, anyway. I chose the names of birds which are found here - choose a theme et voilà.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I choose Lily & Poppy, which are my nicknames for my daughters. And they will be their Uni funds of the future!
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

top of the list at the moment are fario and arc-en-ciel as those are the variety of trout we have in the lake.
not 100% convinced though that these are the ones!! Not very inventive with names as call the two ducks who visit our lake m et mme quacky duck!!!
Julie
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Continuing the wildlife theme, when we were trying to think of names for the units in our barn conversion we regularly saw a red squirrel in the garden who was easily recognised because he'd lost half his tail; we called him Stumpy.
Stumpy Cottage? With a bit of history as to why?
Maybe for another one - Hedgehog Cottage, as we found one curled up asleep whilst clearing the barn out for the building work?
Swallow Cottage as they persistently built a nest on a beam I was trying to clean, and every time I cleared off what little they'd done they just started again in the same place? (I just worked around them in the end - they weren't the least bit bothered by a power sander and hatched a healthy looking brood.)

In the end we just went with names that represented the original parts of the barn, except that one part would have locally been called the "sink mow", which sounded a bit depressing really, so it became The Haystore.

Local landmarks as an alternative to wildlife?
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

still trying out the fario and arc-en-ciel but have now thought maybe rosier and geranium as these are the main plants in the summer!!
flowers are a bit prettier than trout as well!!
Julie
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Agree that the flowers have a better sound than the trout.

Mind you, muggins - a fluent German speaker- named one of our apartments Regen, after the river which flows through the village, failing to notice that it also means 'rain' in German. Fortunately, it is consistently one of our most popular apartments.