How to encourage reviews.....

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
larkslookout

How to encourage reviews.....

Post by larkslookout »

Most of the sites I'm listed on have spaces for reviews, and I think it would really help to make them stand out (good ones, that is!) - any tips on how to encourage guests to review us online?

I was thinking of sending out a email for the coming season, offering last year's prices to returning guests, and mentioning that if you enjoy your stay, we'd love to hear from you in a review, and including links to make it easy.

Any tips?
Beautiful rose covered cottages set on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi,
I take a security deposit, so when I'm returning this I ask in the email if they will write me a short review. I attach a link to the site I want the review to go on. Most people so far have done a review. I don't think it does any harm to ask directly. If they haven't the time or the inclination then that's fine too. Moira
PS I think I was reading a similar thread recently, so may be worth a search
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Moira wrote:I think I was reading a similar thread recently, so may be worth a search
viewtopic.php?t=14525&highlight=
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.