Strange referrals.....

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
katiebythesea

Strange referrals.....

Post by katiebythesea »

I signed up to getclicky.com that was recommended on here and have really enjoyed seeing where visitors from my web site have been coming from. I am a bit intrigued though by the source of some of the links, for example one this evening came from a page on about.com to do with nudism and naturism in France :shock:
I cannot work out how they linked from there to my website, I use adwords (have a voucher I am using) but have requested to not be shown on display network sites, just want to be on google itself. Has anyone else had anything like this happen?
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Yes! Some rather strange Russian sites.. a bit lewd, I don't stay on long enough to explore :oops:
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I stopped having the statistics sent from Godaddy.com due to the leery places that seemed to have links to my site.
Lot of sleezy sites in former Eastern Europe and Russia.

It just feels like I rather not know.... :oops: