Hi from another Turkey property owner

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
ianandmary

Hi from another Turkey property owner

Post by ianandmary »

oo
Last edited by ianandmary on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaya Patel

Post by Jaya Patel »

Hi Ian and Mary, nice to hear that you are busy and just wondering is this because you have advertised with the company mentioned or via some other means. I am new to renting and just starting out in trying to get some rentals, any advice greatly appreciated.
MAD WOMAN
ck

Yet another Turkish property owner!

Post by ck »

Hi one and all,
Thought I'd better let you know you're not alone in your Turkish ventures. We had a similarily hectic holiday in Bodrum and ended up buying a two bed apartment overlooking Bodrum bay ( hence the domain name!) We did however go to Bodrum with the express purpose of finding a holiday home.
I've noticed that Ian & Mary don't seem to have any bookings for 2006 yet. How long have you had the place and have you done anymore advertising?
Also noticed that both the previous posters don't have their own websites. Are you planning on websites in the future and what other sources have you used for getting your places rented?
We are due to return to Bodrum in March with the goal of securing a reasonable management deal and to address our lack of good photographs for the site (see website reviews-your opinions please!!!) If I feel I have any information worth passing on I will post it on our return.
Best of luck to you all. (And to us!!)

ck
Jaya Patel

Turkey rental sites

Post by Jaya Patel »

Hi, I have had my apartment since Sept 05. I have just advertised on about 3 rental sites with free trial periods.One of these was homelidays with which I have had an enquiry. I have not created a website yet,pure laziness and also I need to learn how!!!!

Please let me know how you get on when you get to Bodrum.
MAD WOMAN
ianandmary

Reference Rentals

Post by ianandmary »

oo
Last edited by ianandmary on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be good, be happy, be honest, be loyal,believe.
Jaya Patel

Booking

Post by Jaya Patel »

Just thought I would let you know I have had 2 enquires now through Homelidays in just over a week of advertising.One of them is in the process of booking , fingers crossed from mid Feb to Mid March.I have a slight dilema as I believe that Bodrum will be very quite not many things open (especially in Torba which I have been told is like a ghost town , not may things open).Does any-one know what it's like in February, what is there to do and see.I need the booking but also want my quests to have a good time.
MAD WOMAN
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

hi, I have an apartment in Turkey too. I have my own site which has brought me a lot of bookings. I think a well presented website is a must for getting more bookings. I have also created another site which offers advertising for apartments and villas in turkey.
www.akbukholidays.com - Dream holidays on Turkey's Aegean coast.
www.apartmentsturkey.org - Advertise your holiday home in Turkey for free!
superpp

Post by superpp »

Hi akbukholidays,

I've listed my apartment in Hisaronu on your site, but it doesn't come up when you select Hisaronu. I can only dind it when selecting Aegean as the area?
Also the contact link on your banner doesn't seem to function?
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

hi super, i've just tried and your listing appears at the top of the search results for Hisaronu. I'm not sure why you couldn't see your listing. Give it another try, select 'View all featured properties' from the 'Featured' section on our home page then Turkey-Aegean-Hisaronu in the search box. Drop me an email at info@apartmentsturkey.org if you have any problems.
You're right about the contacts page, we're currently snowed under with development tasks at the moment as we are constantly improving the site, we'll have one up shortly!
superpp

Post by superpp »

Hi,

Yes that does work, but it's not the way I would expect to navigate the site.

From the 'Find a Rental' at the top banner, selecting Hisaronu finds no entries?

Superpp
akbukholidays

Post by akbukholidays »

We offer free standard listings which are included in our own rental search. You also get your own property details page which is visible to search engines (we improve these pages for SEO).

A Featured Listing is given to those linking to our site from their own site. A featured listing is visible to many more of out site visitors. I have just had a quick look at your links page and notice that you have added a link to us. As such, your listing has been added to our main Hisaronu page and will be added to our home page shortly. (We reply on people letting us know that they have added a link so that we can upgrade their listing!)

Email me if you need any more info.