Does anyone have experience of RCI/Owner Exchange Club?

Swap weeks with your fellow rental owners - stay for free anywhere in the world.<br>
Yorkshire Lass

Does anyone have experience of RCI/Owner Exchange Club?

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

Hi - we are thinking of joining the Owner Exchange Club which is linked to RCI via Holiday Cottages Group. The main reason we are thinking of doing this is that we'd like to visit the USA in July/August - probably spending one week in New England and one week in New York. Until we actually join no one seems to be able to tell us if there will be any availability at the places we'd like to go to so it will be a bit of a gamble. Does anyone on here have any experience of RCI or Owner Exchange Club? was there any availability in peak Summer weeks in the USA? Any comments would be welcome. If anyone in the States in those areas I mentioned is interested in a straight exchange with us please let me know - our website is www.kingshousescarborough.com
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I haven't done any RCI stays, but through my work we do get good prices and a lot of my co-workers swears by them.

It is quite last minute for us (due to the discounts), but there doesn't seem to have been any problems in getting a apartment with RCI, even if we haven't been able to get it confirmed until 3 weeks before arrival.
Yorkshire Lass

RCI

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

Thanks - that's really helpful as I'm still deliberating on this. It sounds like RCI release weeks to people who are not actual members of their scheme to use them up last minute which I didn't know (not that that's a big issue I suppose).
Armacao lover

Re: Does anyone have experience of RCI/Owner Exchange Club?

Post by Armacao lover »

Yorkshire Lass wrote:Hi - we are thinking of joining the Owner Exchange Club which is linked to RCI via Holiday Cottages Group. The main reason we are thinking of doing this is that we'd like to visit the USA in July/August - probably spending one week in New England and one week in New York. Until we actually join no one seems to be able to tell us if there will be any availability at the places we'd like to go to so it will be a bit of a gamble. Does anyone on here have any experience of RCI or Owner Exchange Club? was there any availability in peak Summer weeks in the USA? Any comments would be welcome. If anyone in the States in those areas I mentioned is interested in a straight exchange with us please let me know - our website is www.kingshousescarborough.com
Hi don't know about The Owner exchange club. Is this the same as RCI membership you have with Timeshare ? WE were RCI members for 18 years. Can't relate to the summer period either as we usually travelled June or October. New York impossible last time we tried but managed Sedona & Las vegas. Seemed to remember New England had quite good availability. Firstly look at thier directory & see if there are places you would like. Quite often the USA idea of a holiday home is different to ours.
Yorkshire Lass

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

Hi AL - thanks for your reply. I did take the plunge and join RCI via the Owner Exchange/Holiday Cottages Group scheme and am pleased to report that I was able to book a week at The Manhattan Club in New York followed by a week on a resort in the Cape Cod area the following week in the time frame I wanted. I did plan it carefully as you can only book 10 months to the day in advance so was ready early on the appointed days to phone and secure the bookings. I don't have any particular expectations but certainly central hotels for 4 of us for a week in New York would have been very expensive and the location of the Manhattan Club looks great. I'll try and report back with my experiences after the trip for anyone else considering doing this via RCI/Owner Exhange. If anyone out there has any tips for someone who's never been to an RCI timeshare resort/facility (which both of these are) please share them as I'd be very interested.
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

www.kingshousescarborough.com
www.facebook.com/scarboroughholidaycottage
www.sandsendpavilion.co.uk