Wordpress Help !!

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Hells Bells

Wordpress Help !!

Post by Hells Bells »

I have a simple French version of my website at chamoissiere.com , I attempted to upgrade Wordpress this evening, and did exactly what I have done in the past, but this time I can no longer access the admin area.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's only one way with this one, Helen. Go to the Forum at Wordpress.org, supplying details of your WordPress version etc. and you'll get clued-up answers in an hour or two. It's never failed with us. They're not gentle with Newbies...especially as newer versions of WP have one-click updating, whereas the older versions need a degree in geekspeak....

Just a thought - your theme might not be compatible with the later versions of WP.

Are you accessing using www.chamoissiere.com/wp-admin ? If so, ask the Forum what this error message means:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tinymce_include() (previously declared in /homepages/28/d125548919/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/deprecated.php:756) in /homepages/28/d125548919/htdocs/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/deprecated.php on line 21

Mumbo-jumbo to me, unfortunately.

MG
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks MG, I've already posted on their forum.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

and it's mumbo-jumbo to me too. :?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Shoving:

Cannot redeclare tinymce_include() wordpress

into Google may help...looks scary.

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'll log in via Filezilla when I have more time and sort it out I think.
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

Helen I had the same problem and was advised that I needed to replace the tinymce.php file located in /wp-content/themes/xxxxxx/lib/admin/tinymce.

I renamed the tinymce.php file 'oldtinymce.php' and uploaded the new file.

If you PM me with your email adress I will send over the file.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

After lots of attempts, and a very foolish mistake, I deleted the lot, having first saved the text from the original site (thank you Google cache). I'm using the default theme for now, TwentyTen, but can't seem to alter the custom header. Everytime I upload, in what ever browser it fails. I have posted in the support forum.