Recommended or 'best' websites

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
rsitch

Recommended or 'best' websites

Post by rsitch »

Hi,
I am in the process of constructing a website to advertise my apartment on the island of Langkawi.
I will be appointing a third party to construct the site and handle the SEO. However, I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know of a great website that I could take some tips from.
Because I want my site to make good use of the photos I have of this beautiful island, a similar style website that relies on photos would be great.
Many thanks for your help.
Just do it !
Medoc Bob

Picture display

Post by Medoc Bob »

I have used this on a few sites to display images. Opens images cleanly and to a nice size. Option for text captions Also not completely secure but does make it difficult for people to pinch your images

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... /index.htm
Back in UK, our house in France is now back as a Holiday Home
rsitch

Post by rsitch »

Many thanks - a useful tool indeed.
Just do it !
Medoc Bob

Just seen your location

Post by Medoc Bob »

Just noticed you are from Langkawi, I stayed at the Datai a few years ago
Back in UK, our house in France is now back as a Holiday Home
rsitch

Langkawi

Post by rsitch »

Would love to live there - but for the moment we have bought an apartment on the island with the view to spendingmore time there in our retirement.

www.apartmentinlangkawi.com is the domain we have. There is a temporary website there at the moment, which will soon be upgraded.

Regards

Stefan
Just do it !
caroig

Post by caroig »

I'm using a jQuery plugin yoxview for my site fotos. It still needs a polish, you can see it here. It has the advantage that the photos are being pulled directly from Picasa web albums, very easy to administer and modify. As the albums are loaded in background and don't slowdown the load of the intital page. My next step is to do the same with inline images in the text.
rsitch

Photo software

Post by rsitch »

Hi
Many thanks for responding.
Will give that a try on my next overhaul of my website.
I actually went through Guru.com and had one made for me recently - have a look at www.apartmentinlangkawi.com

Regards
Just do it !