Dordogne property with gite potential for private sale.

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Jimbo

Dordogne property with gite potential for private sale.

Post by Jimbo »

Lovely farmhouse in rural location but close to the stunning bastide town of Domme, the medieval masterpiece of Sarlat and the Dordogne river. Located in the Perigord Noir - the most exciting bit of the Dordogne for tourists. Farmhouse recently renovated to a high standard, lots of land, secluded but close to services and outbuildings for conversion.

Suzanne and David are friends and their property is beautiful. I have no financial interest in their sale!

www.country-escape-dordogne.com

Jim
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Goodness me, there are a lot of gite owners selling up.
domino

Post by domino »

Probably the normal 'ebb and flow' of property/gite ownership by brits and other aliens in France LV.
Domme was one of my favourite tourist haunts long before we lived in France. Such a pretty place.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

domino wrote:Probably the normal 'ebb and flow' of property/gite ownership by brits and other aliens in France LV.
Yes, I'd agree, in fact there has been recent growth of holiday rental properties in our region, contrary to expectations. Grr!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

Our estate agent said that there was a flurry of house sales but it's calming down and the successful gite business all seem to have a genuine and natural reason for sale ( i.e; retirement for us)
pujols

bargain hunters

Post by pujols »

Recently arrived back from London
Comment re property sales....
Take a sale price and divide it by 2 and perhaps there will
be someone interested to purchase.
I do get people staying here who are interested to re locate....AND OF COURSE not just British people.
But anyone with money in their pocket is the boss....
HMM
la vache!

Re: bargain hunters

Post by la vache! »

pujols wrote:Recently arrived back from London
Comment re property sales....
Take a sale price and divide it by 2 and perhaps there will
be someone interested to purchase.
:lol: :lol: I agree! I'd love to think my gites and house are worth the 600k euros they were valued at a couple of years ago, but in reality I know I'd be very lucky to get even 400k euros. So I can't afford to sell.
J&J

Post by J&J »

So where are the buyers for anything?
When we sold our gite complex we decided to keep our new build apartment on the coast for a couple of years as it would "be easy to sell when the time came." No such luck over the past 10 months, the agent says they just aren't getting people visiting the town to even consider looking at properties.
And yet, where we are now (NE London) a house on the market is snapped up within a month or so here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
enid

Post by enid »

Well we haven't sold yet but getting a surprising amount of interest and 2 viewings in the near future - but then we didn't use the immobilisers estimate but have set a much more realistic price. Time will tell but we're not inane hurry.
pujols

A perfect year

Post by pujols »

just reminded myself why I came here.
The film thje perfect year needs to be regarded as a masterpiece of modern times.
I WAS ASKED IF ANYTHING SOLD well I went to test the London/uk market....WHICH is divided into 3
Those who have no money bec quse they have borowed too much
those who will buy a stick of Brighton rock if it is priced nice and cheap.
Those who have money....AND ARE WILLING TO ENJOY IT.
The last group of people where very difficult to find.
The weddings at a nearby chateau seem to be the most succesful type of buisness however they spent a few million setting up the project.

But all is not lost the year has just started and there are lots
of things brewing. Saw lots of friends and re captured my thoughts on London....ate in many restaurants and met an equally ecentric lady at the airport in London.
However not sure about selling houses as the agent which
pujols

oohps my computor

Post by pujols »

has a mind of its own.
Well she has been what you may call unreliable
THIS to me is not professional and not pôssiblle
Will not go into details but I will be looking for another person to work with/for.
pujols

Post by pujols »

PART OF MY MESSAGE HAS BEEN
missed out.....sorry about the disjointed message but it is early Feb and it is soo cold.