Your own website ... what software??

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

I use Dreamweaver, it's not the easiest but after a while you can get to like it.
I use a mixture of code and split view, but thats easy if you have a 22" screen.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I highly recommend PromoteMyPlace
donafe

Post by donafe »

Tools can definitely speed up your work but understanding the html basics is very important. There is no substitution.

There is a conference in London next week called "Adobe HTML5 Camp". It's on the 8th September. Anyone interested in webdesign should come along - it's a free event.

There will be a talk about Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 - I believe this is the latest from the family.

-ivan
donafe

Post by donafe »

Just back from the HTML5 camp conference.

Dreamweaver seems to be a reasonable tool. You can use media queries to tailor for various screen resolutions (and therefore covering various platforms like desktop, mobile or tablet) – this all can be managed under single project. I personally prefer the idea of using the mark up and css that it would fit all sizes. But I guess the media queries are a quicker solution and therefore more practical most people.

For those who are keen to add some animated content should have a look at the Adobe Edge - the preview is available and it's free.